- 1 Which medical specialties have the best work life balance?
- 2 What are the happiest doctors?
- 3 What are the lifestyle medical specialties?
- 4 Which medical specialty is the least stressful?
- 5 What is the hardest doctor to become?
- 6 What is the easiest doctor to become?
- 7 What is the most fun doctor?
- 8 What type of surgeon has the best lifestyle?
- 9 What is the hardest residency to get into?
- 10 What is the most respected medical specialty?
- 11 What are the highest paid medical specialties?
- 12 What is the easiest medical specialty?
- 13 What is the least popular medical specialty?
- 14 What are the lowest paid doctors?
- 15 What type of doctor has the shortest residency?
Which medical specialties have the best work life balance?
Here are the best medical specialities for a good work – life balance:
- General Practice (Family Medicine )
- ENT (Otolaryngology)
- Plastic Surgery.
What are the happiest doctors?
According to the Medscape report, doctors in the following fields are happiest:
- Rheumatology: 60% of those surveyed reported satisfaction with life away from work.
- General surgery: 60%
- Public health & preventive medicine: 59%
- Allergy & Immunology: 59%
- Orthopedics: 58%
- Urology: 58%
- Ophthalmology: 58%
What are the lifestyle medical specialties?
“E-ROAD” stands for emergency medicine, radiology, ophthalmology, anesthesiology and dermatology. These are part of a group of medical specialties that offer a “controllable lifestyle ” by allowing physicians greater ability to control the amount of time spent on clinical duties.
Which medical specialty is the least stressful?
Dermatologist. Salaries average $297,000. You need four additional years of training, but dermatologists can control their hours and often work a much shorter week. This is considered one of the least stressful specialties, and it’s ranked very high in job satisfaction.
What is the hardest doctor to become?
Competitive programs that are the most difficult to match into include:
- Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery.
- General Surgery.
- Orthopedic Surgery.
- Plastic Surgery.
What is the easiest doctor to become?
A general practice doctor has the least amount of requirements for any medical doctor. While these doctors do still have four years of medical school and one to two years of residency after completing four years of undergraduate education, this is the minimum amount of education any medical doctor must undergo.
What is the most fun doctor?
Here is our list of the top 10 happiest doctor specialties according to work-life balance and personality:
- Family Medicine.
- Diagnostic Radiology.
- Clinical Immunology/Allergy.
What type of surgeon has the best lifestyle?
The four specialties rated highest for lifestyle (1–9, with 9 being highest ) were dermatology (8.4), radiology (8.1), ophthalmology (8.0), and anesthesia (7.5). The four specialties rated lowest were orthopedics (4.0), neurosurgery (3.1), general surgery (2.6), and obstetrics-gynecology (2.5).
What is the hardest residency to get into?
What Are the Most Competitive Medical Residencies in the United States?
- #1: Orthopedic Surgery Overall Score: 28.
- #2: Neurological Surgery Overall Score: 27.
- #3: Plastic Surgery Overall Score: 26.
- #4: Otolaryngology Overall Score: 25.
- #5: Dermatology Overall Score: 24.
- #6: Radiation Oncology Overall Score: 23.
What is the most respected medical specialty?
The following are the top ten highest paid specialties in 2019, according to Doximity. Highest paying medical specialties in 2019.
What are the highest paid medical specialties?
Top 19 highest – paying doctor jobs
- Neurologist. National average salary: $237,309 per year.
- Orthodontist. National average salary: $259,163 per year.
- Anesthesiologist. National average salary: $328,526 per year.
- Cardiology physician. National average salary: $345,754 per year.
What is the easiest medical specialty?
That being said, your life becomes much easier if you apply to a less competitive specialty. Check out the data for yourself in the spreadsheet with all the calculations.
- 1 | Family Medicine.
- 2 | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
- 3 | Anesthesiology.
- 4 | Pediatrics.
- 5 | Psychiatry.
- 6 | Emergency Medicine.
What is the least popular medical specialty?
With that in mind, the five least competitive medical specialties are:
- Family medicine.
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation.
What are the lowest paid doctors?
The 10 Lowest – Paid Specialties
- Pediatrics $221,000 (down 5%)
- Family Medicine $236,000 (up 1%)
- Public Health & Preventive Medicine $237,000 (up 2%)
- Diabetes & Endocrinology $245,000 (up 4%)
- Infectious Disease $245,000 (steady)
- Internal Medicine $248,000 (down 1%)
- Allergy & Immunology $274,000 (down 9%)
What type of doctor has the shortest residency?
Residency training length depends on the specialty you pursue. Primary care residency programs are the shortest while surgical residencies are longer.