- 1 What happened to Wilford Hall Medical Center?
- 2 When was Wilford Hall built?
- 3 What is the Air Force hospital in San Antonio Texas?
- 4 Who was Wilford Hall?
- 5 How old is Wilford Hall Medical Center?
- 6 Which Air Force bases have hospitals?
- 7 What is the name of the hospital at Lackland AFB?
- 8 What county is Lackland Air Force Base in?
What happened to Wilford Hall Medical Center?
6, 2017 12:11 p.m. The flagship hospital of the Air Force has been cleared out. Wilford Hall Medical Center, a 60-year defining presence on the West Side skyline, is empty and its nine-story atrium now has the feel of a giant chamber in Carlsbad Caverns.
When was Wilford Hall built?
Often referred to in history circles as a war baby, the first hospital established at Lackland Air Force Base opened its doors on June 7, 1942.
What is the Air Force hospital in San Antonio Texas?
Wilford Hall is the U.S. Air Force’s flagship medical facility for outpatient care. Serving more than 55,000 patients, it is the Department of Defense’s largest outpatient ambulatory surgical center. The building features four wings, on four floors, housing more than 25 outpatient clinics and clinical services.
Who was Wilford Hall?
Going to the European Theater in May 1945, General Hall became chief surgeon of the Ninth Air Force there a month later, and was named deputy surgeon of the U.S. Air Forces in Europe in December 1945. Joining the Air Transport Command at Washington, D.C., in August 1947, General Hall became command surgeon.
How old is Wilford Hall Medical Center?
Wilford Hall Medical Center was named for US Air Force Major General Wilford Hall in 1963. It began as a 100 bed station hospital in 1942 and by the end of World War II, the hospital had grown to 1,200 beds.
Which Air Force bases have hospitals?
- California Medical Detachment.
- 9th Medical Group – Beale Air Force Base.
- 412th Medical Group – Edwards Air Force Base.
- 61st Medical Squadron – Los Angeles Air Force Base.
- 60th Medical Group – Travis Air Force Base.
- 30th Medical Group – Vandenberg Air Force Base.
- Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton.
What is the name of the hospital at Lackland AFB?
Coordinates: 29°23′57″N 98°37′12″W Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center, formerly known as Wilford Hall Medical Center, is a U.S. Air Force medical treatment facility located on the grounds of San Antonio’s Lackland Air Force Base.
What county is Lackland Air Force Base in?
Lackland Air Force Base is a United States Air Force base located in Bexar County, Texas. The base is under the jurisdiction of the 802d …