- 1 What is AO trauma?
- 2 What is AO surgery?
- 3 What does AO Foundation stand for?
- 4 What is an AO Fellowship?
- 5 What does AO ASIF stand for?
- 6 What does AO Vet stand for?
- 7 What are the AO Principles of Fracture Management?
- 8 Who invented the AO system?
- 9 What is AO Spine?
- 10 What is AO hospital?
- 11 How do you become an AO member?
What is AO trauma?
AO Trauma is the world’s largest global trauma and orthopedic community fostering excellence in the surgical management of trauma and disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
What is AO surgery?
The AO is a medically-guided, not-for-profit organization, a global network of surgeons, and the premier education, innovation, and research organization for the surgical treatment of trauma and musculoskeletal disorders.
What does AO Foundation stand for?
The foundation had its origins in a Swiss study group, Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Osteosynthesefragen (German for “working group for bone fusion issues”) or AO, founded in Switzerland in 1958 and runs training courses on methods of bone plating and fracture surgical treatment in many countries.
What is an AO Fellowship?
Application opens November 1, 2021. AO Trauma North America ( AO Trauma NA) is intensely engaged in education and research through its long-term fellowship designed to provide the best knowledge and skills from each generation of skilled surgeons to the next.
What does AO ASIF stand for?
Definition. AO / ASIF. Association for Osteosynthesis/Association for the Study of Internal Fixation.
What does AO Vet stand for?
Specialists in the field of veterinary surgery of the musculoskeletal system. Page 1. Specialists in the field of veterinary surgery.
What are the AO Principles of Fracture Management?
AO Principles of Fracture Management
- Reduction and approaches. Surgical reduction. Approaches and intraoperative handling of soft tissues. Minimally invasive osteosynthesis.
- Techniques of absolute stability. Screws. Plates. Tension band principle.
- Techniques of relative stability. Intramedullary nailing. Bridge plating. External fixator. Locking plates.
Who invented the AO system?
Led by the AO founders Maurice E Müller and Martin Allgöwer, 69 surgeons attended the first AO Davos Courses and learned new techniques in trauma surgery.
What is AO Spine?
AO Spine is the world’s leading spine society, generating, distributing, and exchanging knowledge to advance spine care through research, education, and community development.
What is AO hospital?
Abbreviation for: abdominal obesity. Accountable Officer (Medspeak-UK)
How do you become an AO member?
To apply for an AO Trauma membership, you must fulfill the following prerequisites:
- Must be a musculoskeletal trauma professional.
- MD must have attended an AO Trauma Principles Course.
- ORP/nurses must have attended an AO Trauma course for ORP.
- Researchers must be involved in musculoskeletal related research activity.