- 1 What is an AO Fellowship?
- 2 What does AO mean in orthopedics?
- 3 How do I get AO Fellowship?
- 4 How do you become an AO member?
- 5 What is AO surgery?
- 6 What does AO ASIF stand for?
- 7 What does AO stand for?
- 8 What does AO Vet stand for?
- 9 What is a hospital fellowship?
- 10 What are the AO Principles of Fracture Management?
What is an AO Fellowship?
Application opens November 1, 2021. AO Trauma North America ( AO Trauma NA) is intensely engaged in education and research through its long-term fellowship designed to provide the best knowledge and skills from each generation of skilled surgeons to the next.
What does AO mean in orthopedics?
Abstract. In 1958 a group of Swiss general and orthopaedic surgeons established the AO (Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Osteosynthesefragen) or the Association of the Study of Internal Fixation (ASIF) to strive to transform the contemporary treatment of fractures in Switzerland.
How do I get AO Fellowship?
Applicants have to fulfill certain criteria:
- AO Trauma member.
- AO Trauma Basic Principles and Advanced Principles courses.
- Orthopedic Trauma is the main part of practice.
- Working knowledge of local language, or of English.
- < 45 years in the year of application for an AO Trauma fellowship.
- Employed by a teaching hospital.
How do you become an AO member?
To apply for an AO Trauma membership, you must fulfill the following prerequisites:
- Must be a musculoskeletal trauma professional.
- MD must have attended an AO Trauma Principles Course.
- ORP/nurses must have attended an AO Trauma course for ORP.
- Researchers must be involved in musculoskeletal related research activity.
What is AO surgery?
The AO is a medically-guided, not-for-profit organization, a global network of surgeons, and the premier education, innovation, and research organization for the surgical treatment of trauma and musculoskeletal disorders.
What does AO ASIF stand for?
Definition. AO / ASIF. Association for Osteosynthesis/Association for the Study of Internal Fixation.
What does AO stand for?
|AO||Adults Only (ESRB game rating, 18 yrs. and up; graphic sex/violence)|
What does AO Vet stand for?
Specialists in the field of veterinary surgery of the musculoskeletal system. Page 1. Specialists in the field of veterinary surgery.
What is a hospital fellowship?
A Fellowship is the period of medical training, in the United States and Canada, that a physician, dentist, or veterinarian may undertake after completing a specialty training program (residency). During this time (usually more than one year), the physician is known as a fellow.
What are the AO Principles of Fracture Management?
AO Principles of Fracture Management
- Reduction and approaches. Surgical reduction. Approaches and intraoperative handling of soft tissues. Minimally invasive osteosynthesis.
- Techniques of absolute stability. Screws. Plates. Tension band principle.
- Techniques of relative stability. Intramedullary nailing. Bridge plating. External fixator. Locking plates.